By Norman N Li, Anthony G. Fane, W. S. Winston Ho, Takeshi Matsuura
Complex membranes-from basics and membrane chemistry to production and purposes
A hands-on reference for practising execs, complex Membrane expertise and functions covers the basic ideas and theories of separation and purification by means of membranes, the real membrane techniques and structures, and significant business functions. It is going some distance past the fundamentals to handle the formula and commercial manufacture of membranes and functions.
This sensible consultant:
- comprises assurance of the entire significant varieties of membranes: ultrafiltration; microfiltration; nanofiltration; opposite osmosis (including the hot high-flux and low-pressure membranes and anti-fouling membranes); membranes for fuel separations; and membranes for gas mobile makes use of
- Addresses six significant issues: membranes and purposes in water and wastewater; membranes for biotechnology and chemical/biomedical purposes; gasoline separations; membrane contractors and reactors; environmental and effort purposes; and membrane fabrics and characterization
- contains discussions of significant strategic concerns and the way forward for membrane expertise
With chapters contributed by way of top specialists of their particular parts and a realistic concentration, this can be the definitive reference for execs in commercial production and separations and examine and improvement; practitioners within the manufacture and purposes of membranes; scientists in water remedy, pharmaceutical, foodstuff, and gasoline mobilephone processing industries; approach engineers; and others. it's also a very good source for researchers in and academia and graduate scholars taking classes in separations and membranes and comparable fields.
Read or Download Advanced membrane technology and applications PDF
Similar chemical engineering books
Recommendations handbook to move Phenomena, second version by way of R. Byron poultry, Warren E. Stewart, Edwin N. Lightfoot.
Corresponding textbook positioned the following: http://bibliotik. org/torrents/67915
This ebook is an creation to the quantitative therapy of chemical response engineering. it's acceptable for a one-semester undergraduate (or first-year grad) direction. The textual content offers a balanced process in regards: first, it covers either homogeneous and heterogeneous reacting platforms, and moment, it covers either chemical response engineering and chemical reactor engineering.
The current quantity includes in a single binding the entire contents of quantity I, first released in may perhaps, 1941, and the full contents of quantity II which was once released in March, 1943. The ebook used to be basically for chemists. The writing of it was once started out so that a textbook may be to be had for using scholars within the path in powder and explosives which the writer gave for roughly 20 years (nearly each year because the first international battle) to fourth-year and graduate scholars of chemistry and of chemical engineering on the Massachusetts Institute of expertise.
Radiochemistry or Nuclear Chemistry is the research of radiation from an atomic or molecular viewpoint, together with elemental transformation and response results, in addition to actual, wellbeing and fitness and scientific houses. This revised variation of 1 of the earliest and top recognized books at the topic has been up to date to deliver into instructing the most recent advancements in learn and the present scorching issues within the box.
- Handbook of Filter Media
- Peptidomimetics II
- Hazards of Air and Oxygen
- elements of chemistry engeneering
Additional info for Advanced membrane technology and applications
Driving force) is required for a highrecovery operation in comparison with a conventional low-recovery operation. In order to enable the high-recovery operation, the RO module must be designed and manufactured to withstand the higher pressure. Toyobo recently developed a new type of RO module to achieve higher product water recovery in order to further reduce the cost of RO desalination. Toyobo’s hollow-fiber RO modules are widely used around the world in RO desalination plants. Based on the long operating experience and recent research efforts, Toyobo developed the high-pressure high-flux HB series modules.
6. Feed water enters the feed center pipe of the feed-side element, feed water flows radially from the center pipe, past the hollow fibers in the bundle, and away from the element as concentrated brine of the feed-side element. Feed flow is uniformly distributed in the RO module throughout the cross-wound hollow-fiber bundle. 6 Structure of the hollow-fiber RO module (HM type). enters and passes hollow fibers in the bundle radially from outside to inside. Brine water flows to and passes through the center tube of the brine-side element to brine port and away from the module.
American Chemical Society, Washington, DC, p. 273. , and Kimura, S. (1997). Reduction of boron concentration in water produced by a reverse osmosis sea water desalination unit. Membrane 22(4), 211. Fusaoka, Y. (1999). Super ultra low pressure composite reverse osmosis membrane elements for brackish water desalination and ultrapure water production. Membrane 24(6), 319–323. , and Hirose, M. (2000). Development of the high boron removal reverse osmosis membrane element for seawater desalination. Nitto Giho 40, 36.
Advanced membrane technology and applications by Norman N Li, Anthony G. Fane, W. S. Winston Ho, Takeshi Matsuura