By R. W. Leonard, A. Barone, Rohn Truell, Charles Elbaum, B. E. Noltingk (auth.)
Read or Download Akustik II / Acoustics II PDF
Best acoustics & sound books
Audio productions are made or damaged via the standard of the recording engineer's ears. the power to correctly figure sounds, establish refined difficulties, and act consequently to use the required repair makes all of the distinction within the caliber of the ultimate tracks and grasp. the good news is that those the most important abilities might be discovered.
We had our first dialog approximately cognition, metacognition, and interpreting in September of 1976. Our specific drawback used to be with interpreting and studying to learn, and what, if something, meta cognition may have to do with all of it. We did not relatively be aware of a lot approximately metacognition then, in fact, yet then such a lot people have been within the comparable challenge.
The Boundary aspect process, or BEM, is a robust numerical research device with specific merits over different analytical equipment. With examine during this quarter expanding quickly and extra makes use of for the strategy showing, this well timed publication offers a whole chronological overview of all concepts which were proposed thus far, protecting not just the basics of the BEM but additionally a wealth of knowledge on similar computational research ideas and formulations, and their functions in engineering, physics and arithmetic.
- Hearing (Handbook of Perception and Cognition, Second Edition)
- Noise, water, meat : a history of voice, sound, and aurality in the arts
- Dielectrophoresis: Theory, Methodology and Biological Applications
- How to Gain Gain: A Reference Book on Triodes in Audio Pre-Amps
- Physical acoustics, vol.14: principles and methods
- Acoustic Systems in Biology
Extra resources for Akustik II / Acoustics II
Cc I'--. "~ " , -'. I~, -79 '""~ -83 ~, ~ " -90 ¥ 0810 f- 30 '10 60 KG /00 Fig. 59. Free·field and pressure calibrations of a Western Electric 640 AA microphone without protective grid. ). Fig. 60. ). stretched over the grooved plate E with the metalized surface turned away from the back plate. The back plate is insulated from the spherical housing by plexiglas insulators. The tension in the diaphragm is obtained by pushing the back plate against it by means of the threaded stem. The two plastic materials found to be useful for diaphragms were 10 micron styroflex and 12 micron polyethylene.
Sound levels in excess of 180 db are produced in the tube. The siren is operated at a chamber pressure of about one atmosphere and an efficiency of about 30%. 12. Air jet generators. The generation of sound by the instability of hydrodynamic flow certainly antidates all other sources. The study of the frequencies generated by subsonic jets impinging on obstacles has received considerable attention in the last one hundred years. Recently, with the advent of the jet engine, considerable attention has been given to sound generation by supersonic jets.
18. The minimal value of WI C R is unity if 11 is chosen as the frequency of the lower half power point where the sensitivity is down 3db. Examination of the behavior of Eq. 15) shows that for each doubling of R (w1C=const) reduces the total noise voltage ET by about 3db. This reduction in noise requires that the lower band limit be determined at some other point in the chain of amplification where noise generation is unimportant. Eq. 15) also indicates that a doubling of C for WI R = const, will decrease the noise ET by 6db.
Akustik II / Acoustics II by R. W. Leonard, A. Barone, Rohn Truell, Charles Elbaum, B. E. Noltingk (auth.)