By Haluk Beyenal, Jerome T. Babauta
This e-book serves as a guide of study options for electrochemically energetic biofilm learn. utilizing examples from genuine biofilm learn to demonstrate the recommendations used for electrochemically energetic biofilms, this ebook is of such a lot use to researchers and educators learning microbial gas cellphone and bioelectrochemical platforms. The e-book emphasizes the theoretical ideas of bioelectrochemistry, experimental systems and instruments priceless in quantifying electron move techniques in biofilms, and mathematical modeling of electron move in biofilms. it truly is divided into 3 sections:
- Biofilms: Microbiology and microbioelectrochemistry - makes a speciality of the microbiologic element of electrochemically lively biofilms and information the major issues of biofilm coaching and electrochemical measurement
- Electrochemical innovations to check electron move methods - specializes in electrochemical characterization and knowledge interpretation, highlighting key components within the experimental techniques that impact reproducibility
- Applications - makes a speciality of purposes of electrochemically energetic biofilms and improvement of customized instruments to check electrochemically lively biofilms. Chapters element the right way to construct the reactors for functions and degree parameters
Read or Download Biofilms in bioelectrochemical systems : from laboratory practice to data interpretation PDF
Similar chemical engineering books
Suggestions guide to move Phenomena, second variation by means of R. Byron poultry, Warren E. Stewart, Edwin N. Lightfoot.
Corresponding textbook situated right here: http://bibliotik. org/torrents/67915
This ebook is an advent to the quantitative remedy of chemical response engineering. it truly is applicable for a one-semester undergraduate (or first-year grad) direction. The textual content offers a balanced method in regards: first, it covers either homogeneous and heterogeneous reacting platforms, and moment, it covers either chemical response engineering and chemical reactor engineering.
The current quantity comprises in a single binding the full contents of quantity I, first released in may perhaps, 1941, and the complete contents of quantity II which used to be released in March, 1943. The publication was once basically for chemists. The writing of it used to be started so that a textbook can be on hand for using scholars within the direction in powder and explosives which the writer gave for roughly two decades (nearly each year because the first global conflict) to fourth-year and graduate scholars of chemistry and of chemical engineering on the Massachusetts Institute of expertise.
Radiochemistry or Nuclear Chemistry is the learn of radiation from an atomic or molecular standpoint, together with elemental transformation and response results, in addition to actual, well-being and scientific homes. This revised version of 1 of the earliest and most sensible identified books at the topic has been up to date to convey into instructing the newest advancements in study and the present sizzling issues within the box.
- Advances in Sintering: Ceramic Transactions (Ceramic Transactions Series, Volume 209)
- Porous media transport phenomena
- Advanced Ceramic Coatings and Interfaces IV (Ceramic Engineering and Science Proceedings)
Extra info for Biofilms in bioelectrochemical systems : from laboratory practice to data interpretation
Liu Y, Harnisch F, Fricke K, Sietmann R, Schroder U. Improvement of the anodic bioelectrocatalytic activity of mixed culture biofilms by a simple consecutive electrochemical selection procedure. Biosens Bioelectron 2008;24:1006–1011. 96. Rodrigo MA, Canizares P, Garcia H, Linares JJ, Lobato J. Study of the acclimation stage and of the effect of the biodegradability on the performance of a microbial fuel cell. Bioresour Technol 2009;100:4704–4710. 97. Yi HN, Nevin KP, Kim BC, Franks AE, Klimes A, Tender LM, Lovley DR.
197. Qian F, Morse DE. Miniaturizing microbial fuel cells. Trends Biotechnol 2011;29:62–69. REFERENCES 35 198. Rachinski S, Carubelli A, Mangoni AP, Mangrich AS. Microbial fuel cells used in the production of electricity from organic waste: a perspective of future. Quim Nova 2010;33:1773–1778. 199. Ramanavicius A, Ramanaviciene A. Hemoproteins in design of biofuel cells. Fuel Cells 2009;9:25–36. 200. Rasouli M, Phee LSJ. Energy sources and their development for application in medical devices. Expert Rev Med Devices 2010;7:693–709.
108. Katuri KP, Kavanagh P, Rengaraj S, Leech D. Geobacter sulfurreducens biofilms developed under different growth conditions on glassy carbon electrodes: insights using cyclic voltammetry. Chem Commun 2010;46:4758–4760. 109. Marsili E, Rollefson JB, Baron DB, Hozalski RM, Bond DR. Microbial biofilm voltammetry: direct electrochemical characterization of catalytic electrode-attached biofilms. Appl Environ Microbiol 2008;74:7329–7337. 110. Meitl LA, Eggleston CM, Colberg PJS, Khare N, Reardon CL, Shi L.
Biofilms in bioelectrochemical systems : from laboratory practice to data interpretation by Haluk Beyenal, Jerome T. Babauta